Lowcountry Celebration Park (One of our favorites)
Located at 94 Pope Avenue, Hilton Head Island 29928
Park Hours – Open from Sunrise to Sunset Monday – Sunday, Restroom facilities close at 10 PM
The Lowcountry Celebration Park, opened in December 2020, is Hilton Head Island's newest park. Situated on a 10-acre site off Pope Avenue near the Coligny Beach parking lot, this amazing park provides active and passive recreational activities, amenities, and scenic views for families and individuals, organizations, and community groups. The park is minutes away from the Town's award-winning Coligny Beach Park. While Coligny provides direct access to the beach, the new Lowcountry Celebration features attractions designed to help park visitors engage in play, discover the Island's environment and be part of cultural festivities.Lowcountry Celebration Park features:
- The Adventure Playground, named after the ship Captain William Hilton was on when he discovered Hilton Head Island. It features a reimagined design of the ship, playground, wading pool and more.
- An Open Pavilion and Lawn for events.
- The Perimeter Walk is subtly lighted for evening strolls around the park.
- The Setting Sun Sculpture
- Two Fitness Stations
- The Sandbox Children's Museum (Scheduled to open in early 2021)
- Restrooms Facilities
- Parking spaces at the park's entrance from Nassau Street and on Nassau Street
- Open Pavilion and Lawn
- Perimeter Walk
- Wonderful Playground
- Fitness Stations
- Public Art
- The Sandbox Children’s Museum