NOT Allowed on the Beach, Dunes or Adjacent Waters
- Possession or consumption of alcohol, beer or wine
- Littering (items left overnight will be removed)
- Glassware (bottles, containers, etc.)
- Shovels, except those that are made of wood and/or plastic and that are less than 30 inches in length and 6 inches in width
- Digging holes in the sand that are more than 12 inches in depth
- Leaving personal belongings on the beach overnight; if left, are subject to confiscation and disposal
- Shark Fishing
- Harming, harassing or removing any live beach fauna (sea turtles, birds, or their eggs; sand dollars, conchs, starfish, etc.)
- Damaging dunes, sea oats, or other dune flora
- Unauthorized motor vehicles
- Operation of motorized watercraft
- Unauthorized commercial activity, solicitation or distribution of handouts
- Unauthorized wearing of lifeguard emblems
- Fires and Fireworks
- Stunt kites or wind-powered vehicles between 10 am and 6 pm from April through September
- Sleeping on the beach between midnight and 6 am
- Storage of boats on the beach without a permit
Beachgoers are required to fill all holes so that the sand is returned to its original state before they leave the beach for the day.
NOT allowed in Designated Swim Areas from April thru September from Sunrise to Sunset
- Fishing or surfcasting
- Surfboards, boogie boards, etc.
- Use of balls or horseshoe games
- Stunt kites
View Municipal Code Title 8 Chapter 1 - "Beaches" for more information.
- The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office and Town code enforcement officers patrol the beach and enforce all beach regulations.
- Violators of beach regulations are subject to fines and court costs up to $1,092.50 per each offense.
Please Take Care of Our Beaches
Place Litter in the Trash and Recycling Receptacles Provided
For information pertaining to the following: Please visit Beach Regulations
- Beach Wheelchair Program
- Animals on the Beach
- Beach Wildlife
- Beach Parking and Directions
- Free Shuttle Service
- Beach Wedding Permits
- Lights Out for Turtles
- Beach Renourishment Program
- Sustainable Beach & Dunes